Whether on holiday, taking a weekend trip or heading off somewhere as yet unfamiliar – with NAVIGON, you can be sure of getting there quickly and safely! Transform your Smartphone into a full-performance mobile navigation system that includes onboard maps so that you can always find your way – even when no internet connection1 is available.
Important: Following installation, the app needs further data (maps, etc.) which have to be loaded via WiFi (WLAN).
*** Scope of function ***
– Onboard map material: only save the road maps on your Smartphone that you really need. That way, you save on memory space and can navigate even when no internet connection is available.
– Intelligent address entry, including voice entry(1): thanks to the first-class, simplified address entry, which can be operated using the keypad or via voice input, you can find your destination even more quickly.
– Precise voice commands, including street names: so that you can concentrate on driving the car.
– The latest traffic reports(1, 2): avoid annoying jams automatically.
– Hazard warnings(1, 2): you can choose to receive alerts of danger spots such as mobile speed traps.
– POI search: find your destination even without entering the address directly – locally, Community-based or using Augmented Reality.
– Real signage and road sign displays: you always have an overview thanks to photo-realistic views of junctions and road signs.
– Dynamic lane assistant: at junctions where the exit is unclear or on motorway exits, be guided into the right lane every time.
– Speed assistant: NAVIGON warns you visually or audibly if you are exceeding the permitted speed limit.
– Optimal route: choose the right option for you, from up to three suggested routes.
– Route planning: plan longer trips with several destinations en route.
– Expanded pedestrian navigation: navigate to your destination on foot too – or use Urban Guidance1,2 if you also want to include public transport.
– Many other in-app purchases possible: The NAVIGON cockpit, 3D maps showing mountains and valleys, and much more.
*** Maps ***
– Latest Map Guarantee for the latest HERE maps(3) (formerly Navteq), with the following coverage: USA
– NAVIGON FreshMaps XL(2): For a one-off payment, you get the maps of the USA, Canada as well as Mexico and the latest map updates from experts up to four times a year, for two years! It means that your app is always up-to-date, containing the latest changes to the road network and any amount of new points of interest.
*** Please note the following ***
The correct positioning of your Smartphone in the vehicle is important for optimum GPS reception. For that reason, we recommend the Garmin Smartphone Universal Mount with additional USB connection so that you can also charge your Smartphone during your trip. Continuous use of GPS can shorten battery life. Available in specialist stores or directly from the Garmin Shop at www.garmin.com.
Please also note our FAQ area at www.navigon.com.
This version of NAVIGON can require up to 1.6GB of free memory (depending on the number of maps you download). Due to the high data volume, we recommend using WiFi (WLAN). On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product
NAVIGON wishes you a lot of fun from your navigation – whether in the car, on a bike or on foot!
(1)To be able to provide you with the latest reports at all times, some functions require an internet connection (e.g. traffic reports or speed camera alerts). However, the navigation system itself, including address search, speed display, driving lane assistant and much more, does not require the internet.
(2)Available as an additional in-app purchase.
(3)You get the maps most up-to-date at the time you purchase the app